This Article Is About DragCon LA
RuPaul's DragCon LA takes place May 1, 2, & 3 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Safety is and always has been a top priority at DragCon. At DragCon all attendees will need to go through security before entering the Convention Center. This includes a bag check and passing through a metal detector. We recommend that you pack light, and don’t wear any metal, in order for security to move quickly and efficiently. If you leave the Convention Center, you will be required to go through security before re-entering.
All attendees must wear their DragCon badge at all times during the weekend.
Here are some of the things allowed or not permitted at RuPaul’s DragCon, please pack accordingly.
- Bags – 18 L sized bags or smaller (roughly 1000 cubic inches or 10” x 10” x 10”)
- Handheld still & video cameras
- Sealed water bottles
- Hand sanitizer
- No E-Cigs or Vaping devices
- Professional video equipment. Recording on mobile devices is allowed.
- Tripods or monopods
- Drones or any other remote flying device
- Totems, Flags, Banners
- Silly String
- Coolers of any kind (exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Bags larger than 18 L (roughly 1000 cubic inches or 10” x 10” x 10”)
- Firearms, explosives, and weapons of any kind (including pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc)
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, or any personal motorized vehicles
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not allowed.
- No unauthorized solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, giveaways, samples, etc.