DragCon LA Weekend Guide
This Article Is About DragCon LA 2018
Preparing for RuPaul’s DragCon
- Print your ticket at home before you leave for the Convention Center or download it to your phone!
- Get your schedule set! Check out the Panel and Signing schedules before you arrive, and know where you want to be and when!
- Know your way around. Download the floor map before the show.
- Read our Harassment Policy! No shade allowed! DragCon is a love fest! If you see or feel like someone is bothering you (or being inappropriate), tell a DragCon staff member or security right away! Remember kids, Drag Is Not Consent! Ask before you snap a photo.
- Bring your phone’s charging cable. If you need to top off, stop by a Jeffree Star Charging Station. You don’t wanna miss any amazing photo opportunities!
- Bring cash! Many of our fabulous exhibitors take credit cards, but because of all the people Tweeting and Instagramming, it can slow down processing. So don’t miss out on that amazing shade of lipstick or that Exclusive DragCon Enamel Pin!
- If you are traveling in a group or with small kids, set a meeting point in case you get lost. Good choices are the Kid Zone, DragCon Lounge, or the World of Wonder DragCon booth. Phones do die on the show floor. Don’t get lost!
- Upgrade your ticket! If you purchased a single day ticket, you can upgrade to the Weekend ticket as long as they are still available so you don't miss a thing! Learn how.
- Avoid the lines by registering early on Thursday or Friday. Otherwise, plan on arriving at the convention as early as possible to avoid long lines. We want you to spend your time at DragCon meeting Queens, shopping, and seeing panels.
- Bring your ticket to attendee registration. We will scan the ticket and hand you a wristband to wear for the duration of DragCon.
- VIP Experience ticket holders have a separate registration line where you can redeem your VIP Experience and pickup your merchandise.
- We encourage all attendees to use alternative travel options – take the Metro! Carpool with your squirrel friends! You’ll save on parking and have more cash to shop! You can cut out the hassle by buying a parking space through ParkWhiz!
- Check out all the programming available at DragCon LA, and make your schedule! You don't want to miss a chance to see your favorite Queens in a panel, tour the actual Werkroom from Drag Race, or take a photo in front of the giant "Everybody Say Live" installation in front of the Convention Center!
- If you have something special you want signed, bring it! Or buy exclusive merch at the World of Wonder DragCon booth or from the Queens!
- Shoes! Heels will be a plenty. But remember heels hurt after awhile. Try to wear comfortable shoes, or bring some with you. You’re gonna be doing a ton of walking!
- Come in Drag (whatever that means to you)! It’s not mandatory, but will make for great photo ops!
- Don’t forget to stop by the World of Wonder DragCon booth for amazing exclusives!
- Because there will be metal detectors and bag checks at DragCon, it’s best to pack as light as possible and avoid wearing metal.
- You’ll be given a DragCon program guide when you register. The program guide will have the panel schedule, autograph times, and other useful info! But make sure you check this website for the latest information, as schedules do change.
- Keep the aisles moving, try not to stop in the middle. If you need to adjust your heels or wig, think of other fans and move to the side of the aisle.
- Use #DragCon on your social media posts. Share your DragCon experience with your friends who couldn’t make it!
- Support those who support DragCon, visit our vendors and sponsors to get some of the hottest merch!