This Article Is About DragCon UK 2020
Preparing for RuPaul’s DragCon
- Print your ticket at home before you leave for the Olympia or download it to your phone!
- Get your schedule set! Check out the Panel, Main Stage, and Signing schedules before you arrive, and know where you want to be and when!
- Know your way around. Download the floor map before the show.
- Read our Harassment Policy! No shade allowed! DragCon is a love fest! If you see or feel like someone is bothering you (or being inappropriate), tell a DragCon staff member or security right away! Remember kids, Drag Is Not Consent! Ask before you snap a photo.
- Bring your phone’s charging cable. You don’t wanna miss any amazing photo opportunities!
- Bring cash! Many of our fabulous exhibitors take credit cards, but because of all the people Tweeting and Instagramming, it can slow down processing. So don’t miss out on that amazing shade of lipstick or that Exclusive DragCon Enamel Pin!
- If you are traveling in a group or with small kids, set a meeting point in case you get lost. Good choices are the Kid Zone, Lounges, or the World of Wonder booth. Phones do die on the show floor. Don’t get lost!
- Upgrade your ticket! If you purchased a single day ticket, you can upgrade to the Weekend ticket as long as they are still available so you don't miss a thing! Learn how.
- Avoid the lines by registering early on! Plan on arriving at the convention as early as possible to avoid long lines. We want you to spend your time at DragCon meeting Queens, shopping, and seeing panels.
- Bring your ticket to attendee registration. We will scan the ticket and hand you a badge to wear for the duration of DragCon.
- VIP Experience ticket holders have a separate registration line where you can redeem your VIP Experience and pickup your merchandise.
- We encourage all attendees to use alternative travel options – take the public transportation, Carpool with your squirrel friends! You’ll save on parking and have more cash to shop!
- Check out all the programming available at DragCon UK, and make your schedule! You don't want to miss a chance to see your favorite Queens in a panel or take a photo at one of the great photo ops!
- If you have something special you want signed, bring it! Or buy exclusive merch at the World of Wonder DragCon booth or from the Queens!
- Shoes! Heels will be a plenty. But remember heels hurt after awhile. Try to wear comfortable shoes, or bring some with you. You’re gonna be doing a ton of walking!
- Come in Drag (whatever that means to you)! It’s not mandatory, but will make for great photo ops!
- Don’t forget to stop by the World of Wonder booth for amazing exclusives!
- Because there will be bag checks at DragCon, it’s best to pack as light as possible and avoid wearing metal.
Keep the aisles moving, try not to stop in the middle. If you need to adjust your heels or wig, think of other fans and move to the side of the aisle.
- Use #DragCon on your social media posts. Share your DragCon experience with your friends who couldn’t make it!
- Support those who support DragCon, visit our vendors and sponsors to get some of the hottest merch!