Cosplay for your Life at DragCon NYC 19
This Article Is About DragCon NYC 2019
RuPaul’s DragCon NYC 2019 presents…
COSPLAY FOR YOUR LIFE
"You’re Born Naked And The Rest Is Drag.”
It’s the first-ever RuPaul’s DragCon Cosplay For Your Life competition!
Come to this year’s RuPaul’s DragCon NYC in your best RuPaul’s Drag Race queen cosplay and compete for a chance to win $2,500 and to be crowned the queen of Cosplay For Your Life!
Please read through the following for all competition rules and details.
All participants must register online at email@example.com. Registering in advance is encouraged.
If you are unable to register online then you can register in person with a member of the DragCon NYC staff. You can find them at the Info Booth, located across from the World of Wonder booth on the main floor. In-person registration will be available on Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
When registering you must submit the following to be eligible for the competition:
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- A photo of the original look that you will be cosplaying – This can be any look from any RuPaul’s Drag Race queen.
All registered participants must report to the Crystal Palace (main lobby of the Javits Center) for the pre-judging portion of the competition on Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. Any participants that are not present at this time will be disqualified from the competition.
Pre-judge scoring will be based on a 50 point scale:
- Up to 10 points for Originality – How different is it from the others?
- Up to 10 points for Design – How did you recreate such a signature look?
- Up to 10 points for Costume – Are you ready for the runway?
- Up to 10 points for Construction – Did you put your blood, sweat, and tears into it?
- Up to 10 points for Materials Used – What did you use to create your cosplay?
Ten finalists will be selected for the Cosplay For Your Life competition. If you are a finalist, you will be notified by 3:30 PM on Saturday, September 7, 2019, via email.
Crowning of the Queen
All finalists are asked to report to the Main Stage at 4:45 PM on Saturday, September 7, 2019, for the crowing of the winner, which will take at 5:00 PM on RuPaul’s DragCon Main Stage.
Each finalist will be asked to do a one-minute runway walk, modeling their cosplay on-stage to a RuPaul song of our choice. Celebrity guest judges will be in attendance to decide and crown the winning queen and runner-up.
Winner of the contest will receive a $2,500 grand prize and be crowned Queen of Cosplay For Your Life.
- Cosplay must be of a RuPaul’s Drag Race queen. Anything other than a look from a RuPaul’s Drag Race queen will be disqualified.
- All participates, contestants, assistants, or anyone assisting with your cosplay must purchase a RuPaul’s DragCon NYC 2019 ticket to be allowed to attend the competition.
- Contestants may only enter once.
- All contestants must be at least 18 years old to enter and compete.
- You may not enter as a group. Only as an individual.
- No animals are allowed to be used in any manner.
- Please do not send in music or any other audio/visual tracks. You will walk to a RuPaul song of our choice.
- No profanity is allowed. This includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this will be disqualified from the competition.
- No pyrotechnics, fire, or any other sorts of open flames are allowed.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. DragCon NYC will not be able to provide any assistant's to contestants.
- Contestants are responsible for their own belongings. We are unable to provide a secure area for personal items. We recommend bringing an assistant to help with belongings if you need to.
- All decisions made by the judges are final.
- RuPaul's DragCon NYC is not responsible or liable for any physical injury which may result from your participation in this contest.
- All participants agree to comply with the rules and agree to the terms stated here. Any participant may be disqualified from the contest by DragCon NYC management for failure to observe any of these rules.